Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sex Education - The Reality of Homosexuality

"Our hatred (for homosexuality) is so loud that they can't hear the gospel today." Today's message was Part 3 in our current sermon series: Sex Education - The Reality of Homosexuality. We looked at the condition, the cause, the consequences and the cure for this issue that is definately becoming mainstream in all areas of life. They need Christ and healing from the Church, but the Church is the one place/people they would rather avoid. And we talked about ways we can change in order to become Christ for them. You can listen to current and past messages from this series here.

God continues to bring precious old friends back into my life thanks to the world of blogging and the internet. I'm so thankful to hear from them and "see" their faces again ... a few times this week just when I needed some encouragement ... so for that, thank You God ...

I also had a great lunch [woolamsam] on Saturday with some wonderful friends (and their family members) who have changed so much the past couple of years [it warms my heart everytime I see you two Sunny and Jenny! Keep living for Christ alone!]. I couldn't help but be amazed by the way God can completely transform people.

And could you please pray for God's strength to be upon me? It was a tough week, and to top it off, I just found out I might have to lead both the Africa and Thailand Mission Teams (back-to-back) this year! I got burnt out just hearing the news ... but hey, my life's whole purpose is to be used for Christ and His Kingdom ... so whatever God wants ... whatever it takes ... I'm His to use ... until the very end ... and until my final breath (even if it's at the end of these trips!).

God, you know my heart ... all for You ... and only for You I will live.

[ps. For Mike and Sehna ... I've added some more MP3 verses + "The Answering Machine Song" and the "Heal This Land" song you requested for download. Enjoy!]

18 comments:

H said...

Eddie!!

Thanks for your prayers, mine are always with you too. God is our strength. =)

Eric Bae said...

hey Eddie, whoa.. r u serious. taking both...... i so wish i could help... praying for u!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Hannah ... I appreciate you :)


And EBae, I SO wish you could be here to take one of the teams this year!!!

Eric Bae said...

ohhh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i SOOOOOOOOOOOO wish i could...... :(

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I just had an interesting experience..

I was sitting in my lecture taking notes on my laptop, and I decided to visit your website using the wireless internet.

Suddenly I see "THE REALITY OF HOMOSEXUALITY" pop up on my screen; I've never scrolled down a page so quickly :)

There was a girl sitting behind me so it was a tad embarassing, but as you said (about buying the book) I'm secure enough ;)

Anonymous said...

^ Oops, the above comment was from me btw

Graham

David Kwag said...

I'll continue to pray for you Eddie. You are a blessing and I know that each person appreciates all your work. All for God!

Gray: lets pray for continued security in your sexuality.

Unknown said...

EBae, I'm awaiting your return to Sydney ... soon!!! :p

Gray ... I *understand*!!!

Mins ... thanks bro!

Anonymous said...

Heyyy E-Bizzle! hehehe. Nice sermon on Sunday Eddie. Keep up the awesome work!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard a sermon on homosexuality. The only time I saw it addressed was in the book "Whats So Amazing About Grace?" I should get around to listening to ur sermon. May God bless ur heart and give you the strength, energy and wisdom you need!!!

Anonymous said...

Yo Eddie you know we got your back! Praying for you everyday!

Anonymous said...

by the way... ebae i wanted to put some messages on your blog but you turn the setting off for "other"...

Anonymous said...

Sup Eddie, love the interesting sermons, I have to tell you I found out someone from my school came out of the closet, the night before your sermon! :\

2 Mission trips in a row, but hey - your a soldier! I'll be praying for you!

Onto more controversial topics!

Anonymous said...

the above was me... yo kwag - praying for security of sexuality?!... i think we should pray for security of purity after seeing your "gut for glory" photo! hahaha Have to pray for healing over people eyes... =P sorry Eddie used your blog for community chattin =P

Unknown said...

Andy: Thanks bro! Love your new shoes!

Mon: Thanks for picking a fight with your blog!!! :P

Hermz: Thanks bro! But I think I've been stumbled a bit by Kwag's gut of glory ...

Sung: Thanks bro! May Christ shine through you ...

Hermz: No problem dude ...

David Kwag said...

dang....

my gut shows through the wonder of gravity and I receive so much backlash..
hahaha

I was just hearing the mission team practice their memory verses and it flooded my memory with so much about the mission trip..Romans 1:16!
I still remember Sung's version..
"i am ashamed of the gospel!"

haha

good times!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like it Sehna ... enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your prayer EY ...

I really need them! :)