Wednesday, August 03, 2005

For Those Looking for a Digital Camera

I've talked with a bunch of people recently who were looking to buy a digital camera so I wanted to give my plug for one of the best ones around right now. Basically, if you're an average user like most people, then as long as you have a camera that is 2.0 megapixels or larger (which is almost any new camera you buy these days ... and megapixels are basically the number of dots in the picture ... the more dots, the finer quality photo you'll have), the picture quality should be fine . If you want to blow up pictures to larger sizes, then you want more megapixels. And in terms of quality, shutter speed (normally I like Sony products, but Sony is a bit slow in this area), functionality, size, etc. my recommendation would be to get a Canon. Most reviews I have read seem to agree that Canon is one of the best brands out there right now. And the best Canon series (for the average user) would be the Canon IXUS/Powershot Series.

Several people in our EM (Eric [who also did a ton of research before buying his too], Bomi, Stang [who is a photo-maniac!]) and I all have this series and we all love it! No problems, just clear pictures with a lot of fun options (like a rapid shot function where you can take like a billion pictures every second ... makes for some fun film making and great for sports photos). Hopefully Eric (EBae) can take it from here and rave even more about our camera :p But this is definately my pick for most people.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyyy Eddie...hahaha Stang and his photo taking in Thailand. Must admit he did have very good technique. Newaiz hope u found da candles... Peace! =)

Anonymous said...

andy yagg...?!? hahaha woops.

Anonymous said...

if i had money i would get one of those... plus a mp3 player... plus one of those phone's Steve Oh got! but i'm content... "more than enough" =P Amen!

Unknown said...

Hey Andy Yagg!!! :p No sign of the candles yet ... hopefully someone will have them on Sunday.

Eunyoung: I say get the new DVD camcorders ... you can record and play directly to DVD players.

Hermz: Praise God you're so content these days. Can I have your guitar? :P Ha ha (kidding! I like your old one anyways :p) Love you man!!!

Eric Bae said...

well well well. ah hem. Let me just take a moment to give a raise for Canon IXUS 40. :D As Stang suggested, and I quote "ooohhh! this camera so fast! other cams I use, I wait for long time, and this just click click and it shoots! oohh so good!!". I've been now using it for nearly one year! and I did about 2 weeks of research before, but buying this has to be one of the best decisions i've made in my life - of course it follows after deciding to commit my life to Christ :D hahaha. Do not look elsewhere~ do not think 'oh, but surely there's got to be a better one'. Don't fall into traps of 'but i want to look for one by myself!', please I beg you, a numerous reviews, personal testimonies prove that any further research will become a futile task! sorry, i got carried away~ whoa~ way too passionate. :D

Unknown said...

Thanks EBae ... need we say more? I think not! :)

Anonymous said...

puhaha Ebae, that sounds exactly like something stung would say! haha!

hehe Eddie, i ain't thaaat attached to this guitar.. i can give it up if i have to... (maybe)

Anonymous said...

my schedule has changed! And as for getting papercuts... maybe its pure clumsiness, or carelessness?

Unknown said...

Hey Mon: That's great! I'm so happy you're back with the praise team family of Full Life again ... I think that's where you're meant to be.

And stay away from paper! Go digital! :P

Anonymous said...

I took my cousin to buy Ixus 50 recently. Canon is always the best for accurate color.
( using Nikon though :) )

welcome all of you to my wedding..
between Stung and Canon his future wife haha

Unknown said...

Hey Stung. Good to see you here. Hyun and I also have the IXUS 50. But I think you need to show me how to use more functions on it though :)