Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Baekdusan



Well, the next stage of my journey was to "Baekdusan". Besides being the highest mountain in Korea, if anyone knows a "deeper" significance for this mountain, please let me know :) As I mentioned in an earlier post, a lot of people who go up this mountain don't get a good view (or clear view) of the water on top of this mountain (which is technically a volcano!) the first time around. I was glad I got to see my first time. I wouldn't want to go through that again any time soon.

You can read about my Moses-type experience here. But I was thankful for the few minutes of clear-viewing that God gave us. The weather up there changes so quickly (even more than Melbourne's weather! Believe it or not!) and rains so often (more than Vancouver! Believe it or not!) that we were totally soaked by the end of this tour ... well, at least I was totally soaked. My raincoat was the only one that tore right in the middle :(

But I was willing to endure the weather, the cold and the hike ... all for my family and relatives. I knew it would hold a special significance for them, so I was more than happy to go and take a bunch of pictures .... for *them* :) Enjoy!

No comments: