Friday, August 31, 2007

Free At Last

Koreans Are Free

The remaining Korean hostages have finally been released! Praise GOD! After six weeks of intense prayer and drama, and after 2 of the hostages being killed, the rest have been released safely. Our congregation can finally celebrate God's answer after weeks of prayer. But reports cite that the Taliban still have 1 German and 4 Afghan hostages in captivity, so let's continue to pray for their safe release as well.

Birthday Thanks

Thanks for all the birthday blessings that were sent my way. I definitely think all these social networking sites have changed the way people remember birthdays. And life seems to get faster and shorter with every year that passes by. I read something recently that said, "What I do today will determine who I become in 10 years" ... and with that in mind, it was time once again to set up new goals and renew old disciplines. My newest life-goal is to "seek wisdom".

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. [Proverbs 4:7] Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. [Psalm 90:12] If what I do today determines who I become in 10 years, then I want to spend today with God and seek Him all my days.

Currently Listening
Free at Last
By dc Talk
The Hardway

No comments: