Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Our Blessed Famine [EDIT]

I'm finally preaching again! Wow, have I missed it. For those who don't know, I'm currently the interim pastor for Wesley Church in the city. It's one of the first churches in Australia and they're celebrating their 195th anniversary next week (wow!). I preach at the 10:30am and 3:00pm services. There are some great people in those congregations and I was thankful to see some familiar faces as well on Sunday. Because there might be some big changes for me next year, I decided against church planting (for now) and took this interim position instead.

Since it was Mother's Day, I preached from Ruth and decided to do a series on the book that will take us through the next few weeks. Though I did a study through Ruth before, I wanted to start from scratch again and see what God had in store. My love for sermon prep came back as I was preparing for this series during the past few weeks. I was literally blow away at the depth and power of God's Word while studying these chapters. With every word from God to me, I felt like I was on top of the world ... and then it led me into worship as I lavished in His presence.

Thank you to each person who has been praying for me. And now I ask for your prayers in this new season of ministry. I'm looking forward to growing and learning together with these new congregations. Here's a link to the sermon from Sunday's morning service (and if you don't have iTunes, click here for the direct link ... please excuse the huge photo). It's entitled "Our Blessed Famine" from Ruth 1:1-22. Hopefully my podcasts will be updated more regularly again. Have a great week and thanks always for your partnership through prayer.

EDIT: And for people who have been asking about parking for Wesley, you can park at the Piccadilly Car Park on Castlereigh St., get your ticket validated at the Wesley Mission reception desk and then parking is $5.00 ALL DAY SUNDAY! Yea! :) Pretty good for city parking!

EDIT 2: Just wanted to share a recent graduation message from John Piper called "Four Mistakes I Hope You Don't Make". His outline of mistakes we make are: #1: thinking big is better than small, #2: thinking new is better than old, #3: thinking having is better than being, #4: thinking visible is better than invisible. Some solid wisdom for living no matter what season of live you're in. Enjoy.

Currently Listening
Blessed Be Your Name the Songs of Matt Redman, Vol. 1
By Matt Redman
Blessed Be Your Name

3 comments:

Eric Bae said...

awesome Eddie! :) good to see you back doing what God has gifted you in!

Sascha Kim said...

Eddie!! ^^
I always enjoy listening to your sermons. Keep uploading your sermons online because theres always someone listening to it. haha
I'm praying for you Eddie. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks EBae, I'm glad to be back too. There's something special to me about the preparation and proclamation of God's Word to His people. Looking forward to seeing you soon bro!

Thanks Sascha! It's nice to know there are more people listening to the podcasts "somewhere out there" in the world wide web :P And thanks very much for your prayers. I need them and I cherish them :)