Friday, September 22, 2006

And a Time to Remember ...

I was so touched watching Bindi's eulogy during Steve Irwin's memorial service yesterday. I think she did an amazing job, especially considering her age. I was in the US when Steve Irwin died and it was seriously the top news story for over a week. Americans loved this guy big time.

So many people were surprised at how deep his death touched so many people around the world. It was the talk of websites and news programs 24/7. I think this is a great example of how we don't know what we have until it's gone. I was also surprised at how much his death saddened me ... especially whenever they show pictures of him with his kids. He was such a unique and special person.

Does anyone know where he stood in terms of his "faith" by any chance? I've been trying to find something on it but it seems no one really knows (from blogs and websites). I really hope he knew the Creator as much as he knew and loved creation ... that was my biggest question ... for seriously such a great, authentic guy. It is truly a great loss for the world with his passing. And to close I'll leave a link to another video that touched me ... a tribute to the Croc Hunter.

Currently Listening
Everyday Man
Gary Chapman
see related

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eddie,

glad you are back~ :) hope all is well~ I did think of that too actually whether Steve is a Christian or not.. but looks like many people wonder that too! but seems there is no definite answer to it... or rather it's leaning towards 'no'...

http://parablemania.ektopos.com/archives/2006/09/was_steve_irwin.html

Anonymous said...

Hey EBae,

Yeah, that's what I'm sadly realizing too :( Thanks for the link though :)