Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A 10 Minute Feast for Your Soul

The Supremacy of Christ



Passion

This is an invigorating way to spend 10 minutes of your day :) This video clip brings waves of worship and strength to my inner being. I hope it does for you as well. A couple of things to keep in prayer ... obviously the whole Ted Haggard scandal that's rocked the evangelical world this past week.

Sadness

Man, every time I hear of pastors falling it saddens my soul so deeply ... and brings with it a splash of cold water to my face, reminding me how weak we are apart from Christ and that there is an enemy out to steal, kill and destroy all who hold allegiance to Christ. My prayers go out for him, his family, his congregation and for those who have grown cynical to Christ because of the Church's sins (including mine). May God bring healing and restoration to His servants and to our witness in this world.

Prayer

Another thing to keep in prayer would be the nations that are in need of leaders who will lead with justice and truth. Recently, there was a study done that revealed the most corrupt governments in the world. When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan. [Proverbs 29:2] Interesting to see which countries are getting better and which are getting worse (USA!).

U2 Baby!

And I shall end today on a happy note. It's an exciting week for me with U2 finally in Australia! They began their Vertigo Tour again last night in Brisbane and I'll be heading over to their first Sydney show this Friday. I'm so excited. Seeing them in the news and getting interviewed all over television here, the excitement level is building with every passing day. 2 days and counting! =)

Currently Listening
The Joshua Tree
By U2
Where the Streets Have No Name

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa.. I can watch that again... that was powerful!!! thanks Eddie! and yeah it is shocking news about that evangelist...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I could listen to that all day!