Friday, July 07, 2006

Food for Your Friday

Here's a pic of me and the wonderful Gomez family. I was so happy to reconnect with them, for they were such a blessing to me while I was in Korea. Well due to various reasons, food was one of the safest things for me to photograph while I was overseas so here's one set of food pix that I'll be sending your way. But seriously though, I think I was told that everyone who visits that area gains some serious weight ... (but don't let that stop you from going!).

So a brief overview: 1. Me and Mike at a local university as we wait for the international students to come and play some football :) 2. Real "jajangmyun" from a Korean-Chinese place, how much more authentic can you get?? 3. Some of that extra-beefy-extra-chunky "tangsuyuk" kinda dish they call "gobaro" ... extra sweet and sour too ... mmmm ... mmmm good! 4. Me and Rebecca (from Handong) 5. Yanbyan Nangmyun 6. One of my favorites: Kangpao Chicken 7. Rachel (Rebecca's sweet sister) 8. Funky mandu! 9. Funky fried "gen-neep" 10. An Uzbek student @ Yanbyan 11. Nangmyun again, but N**K style 12 & 13. That shishkebab with amazing spices, 14. N**K water :P 15. I'm not sure ... :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

grrrrrrrr stop with the food!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eddie!!!!
This is Annie from Handong.
I just found your 360 @yahoo and I came to here!
I can't believe that you've been in Yanji a few weeks ago. Every picture makes me feel home.^^
Are you still in Australia?

Anonymous said...

EBae: Sorry dude, but more is on its way!!

Annie: Wow, nice to hear from you! Long time! Where are you now?

Anonymous said...

Hey Eddieeeee you realize that dog meat is one of the delicacies in Yanji right? Don't miss it! hehehe ^^

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah. I actually have some pictures of dogs from the meat market. I was tempted to post those pix up, but I realized that it might deeply disturb some dog lovers out there! :P

Anonymous said...

Good to see you again, too. I'm living in Chicago. Do you remember I've been in YUST for 2 years?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me. I don't know why it looks like a mess.

Anonymous said...

Hey that's great Annie. Yes, I remember you were at YUST before. What church are you attending in Chicago?