Monday, February 06, 2006

Tribute to Troy Aikman

I am so excited to post a tribute to my all-time favorite football player Troy Aikman for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame! In his first year on the ballot, he made it through along with Warren Moon, Reggie White and John Madden. Here are some quotes by former teammates and coaches on his induction: Quotes.

I loved watching Aikman play, even from his rookie year when the Cowboys were extremely bad ... and a couple of years later (even during their 1-15 season), I knew the Aikman, Irvin, and Smith combo was going to win some major games. If they would have kept Jimmy Johnson as their head coach, I know they would have won even more Super Bowls together. Johnson knew how to get a team ready for a game, esp. after a loss. But I'm happy for the 3 Super Bowl rings they do have during the 1990's.

And congrats to the Steelers for winning the Super Bowl this year. I'm happy for their coach Bill Cowher (after 14 years, finally won the Big Game), Bettis (who ended his career in style) and the Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward ... who by the way, is half-Korean! Isn't that cool? So a Korean actually won the MVP in a Super Bowl. Cool!

No comments: