Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sydney Olympics

The Olympics return to Sydney this Saturday ...

Sports do not build character ... they reveal it.
- John Wooden

Show me a guy who's afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat everytime.
- Lou Brock

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
- Vince Lombardi

One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
- Michael Jordan

I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying.
- Michael Jordan

No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified from the prize.
- The Apostle Paul (1 Cor. 9:27)

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord ... since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
- The Apostle Paul (Col. 3:23-24)

Cowells Lane Reserve :: Ermington :: 9:00 AM :: Saturday :: September 3, 2005

Pretend You're Listening To ...
Hercules
Original Soundtrack
"Go the Distance" by Michael Bolton

3 comments:

Eric Bae said...

and representing Melbourne team..... well, hopefully maybe next year... :D GOOD LUCK everyone.

Anonymous said...

Eddie! mann I love ur quotes especially the Jordan ones. Classic. The quote about failing and succedding is sooo cooool! The commercial was really nice too. But I have a feeling that mini-olympics is gonna have nothing to do with athleticism...hehe
...HillsWhat!

David Kwag said...

that Michael Bolton song was a shocker.

Anyways...Vince Lombardi is the man. I love his quote,"The quality of your life will be determined by the depth of your commitment to excellence, no matter what your chosen field."

I love it!
See u on Saturday..